Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lemon Cake


Lemon cake. To me, it's synonymous with springtime. This cake is one of those recipes that's foolproof, it always gets rave reviews, and it isn't complicated to make. It's my "go to" recipe when I need a delicious all-occasion dessert. I bake it in my grandmother's Bundt pan, which has a unique and ornate pattern (making it harder to get butter into all the crevices!). The glaze is made from sugar and lemon juice and there's a good dose of  grated lemon zest in the batter also. It's simply yummy, and the perfect cake to welcome spring!


So, what is your favorite springtime recipe? Post a comment and let me know!

5 comments:

  1. Please share the recipe! This looks delicious and I love lemon cake- one of my all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE lemon cake! Especially when the glaze/icing is really tart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudia-can you share this?! Looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura,
    Thanks for visiting my blog. Unfortunately, this lemon cake is a top secret recipe (hey, everyone needs their one signature dish, right?). I found a recipe online that is similar, though I haven't tried making it.
    http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/glazed-lemon-bundt-cake/Detail.aspx
    I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful cake! Did you ever share the recipe?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...