Sunday, April 24, 2011

Snapshot: the Studio

A recent post on one of my favorite blogs, French Essence, inspired this post, which is a snapshot of my desk in the room we call the studio -- part office, part music/art room. On top of my desk is a low hutch with drawers and cubbies for storage and a surface for displaying things such as photos, a vintage desk lamp, containers filled with pens and pencils, and a graphic note cube and desk calendar from Snow & Graham (below). 



The artwork leaning against the wall is by an illustrator who creates unique photo collages in Photoshop; I was taken by the composition, colors and that pretty little doll face. It makes me happy every time I look at it.


On the magnetic bulletin board hanging over my desk are some favorite photos: several of my mom and me when I was a child; my best friend's 3-year-old son; an amazing field of sunflowers in France. Also a few business cards, a pretty Christmas card, and paint chips of our house colors. The walls in the studio are painted in a Sherwin-Williams color aptly named Studio Blue Green, chosen by my husband. At first I thought it would be too dark for this room, but it works. I can't argue with him when it comes to color ... it's what he does for a living, and he has a great eye for it.

1 comment:

  1. This is terrific- I love seeing a snapshot of your studio and of course I love seeing the photos of you and your mom- they are just gorgeous. So nice to see my little guy has pride of place as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...