Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Scenes from the Farmers' Market

Summer time, when the living is easy: barefoot-and-shorts weather, canoeing on the lake, afternoon breezes on the front porch, and Saturday mornings at the farmers' markets. With stand after stand of the freshest local fruits and veggies, tempting baked goods, homemade crafts, soaps, and other treats, the farmers' market is one of my favorite places to go on the weekends. 

On a recent trip to the farmers' market, I bought a couple of beautiful, large Boston ferns for the porch, some organic herb plants (chives, basil, parsley and Vietnamese coriander, which tastes like cilantro but tolerates the heat better), yellow cherry tomatoes, and some goat cheese and goat milk. My hubby bought homemade soaps that help repel mosquitoes and ticks -- a good alternative to sprays containing DEET. The soap is made of lemongrass, lavender, peppermint, pine and eucalyptus, and it works! Here are some photos from the market ... 








As you may have guessed by now, both my hubby and I are dog lovers. So when we met a couple with two beautiful Burmese Mountain dogs at the market, we just had to visit and snap a few photos! These boys (I think their names were Butch and Bo) had such sweet personalities -- and their owners were very friendly too!


2 comments:

  1. beautiful bounty and precious pups!

    joan

    p.s. thank you for your comment about the mag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just found your blog from An Urban Cottage and I'm glad I did! I'm wondering where you live? I'm in Wilmington, NC and many of the pictures you post (especially the beach) look like they could be around here!
    Karin
    Lifeinsmallchunks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...