Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Lake


How I love the water! We recently rented a pontoon boat for the day and had a group of friends join us for a day of boating, swimming and fun in the sun. And lots of laughs! Everyone had a great time, even if we did get a little too much sun. 

Being on the water is one of the most relaxing and fun ways to spend the day. It can really work up an appetite too. For my husband and me, I brought a couple of vegetarian sandwiches like the one below, only I used a wheat baguette. On it, I spread some garlic and basil goat cheese, then piled on fresh spinach, thinly sliced green bell pepper, cucumber and zucchini, and finished it with a few sliced Kalamata olives. What a delicious sandwich! We also enjoyed a delicious homemade black bean and corn salsa with tortilla chips, hummus with pita chips, watermelon, cherries, brownies, and of course, ice cold beer. And our friends brought some iced tea vodka that was delicious mixed with lemonade! For me, nothing quite says summer like a day on the lake. I can't wait to do it again! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...