Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fast Planes and Vintage Cars

Toward the end of summer, my husband and I attended an air show with some friends. The day was beautiful -- very hot, but thank goodness there was a breeze, which made the heat tolerable. It was an excellent show. The highlights were a B-52 flyby, a B-2 Stealth Bomber demonstration, A-4 Skyhawk passes, wing walking and some breathtaking aerobatics. There were also some gorgeous classic cars, which I love, love, love! It would be a dream come true to own a classic car or truck, but since our little bungalow doesn't have a garage, that just might have to remain a dream. My husband, who loves planes and aviation, dreams of one day flying in a seaplane, preferably landing on a remote lake in Canada -- one full of big fish to be caught. I think that would make a nice birthday present, don't you?









3 comments:

  1. The aqua-colored car in the next-to-last photo reminds me of my favorite old car, the '57 Ford Fairlane. It came in that gorgeous aqua blue too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cars, love vintage cars. My dad used to collect a few of them.

    Great taste in homes too.

    Lou ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd take the red Ford pick-up truck! Sigh...keep dreaming, I guess!

    We love air shows, too. My husband is a pilot, so you could say he's an aviation junkie. Just a bit!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...