Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Polka Dot Glasses

One of my favorite ways to spend an afternoon is to wander through antiques stores in search of vintage items. I especially like kitchenware: Bakelite-handled utensils, refrigerator dishes, canning jars. 

One day, while at an antiques store out in the middle of nowhere, I came across some polka dot glasses, possibly mid-Century, one with green dots and one with orangey-red dots. I thought they were fun, and the price was right, so they came home with me. To be honest, there were actually more than two polka dotted glasses, but the others had more wear on them -- the dots were partially worn off and the glass was more scratched. The two I bought were in the best condition. Also, because our little bungalow has such limited storage space, I knew I couldn't fit more than two in my kitchen cabinet!

3 comments:

  1. I just LOVE your polka dot glasses, vintage anything and your little bungalow! And Winnie and Phoebe, they're soooo precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such kind words! Thanks for visiting. I just checked out your blog, The Country Cardinal, with your post about Meadow hunting groundhogs! Cute video too.
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm such a fan of polka dots and love your glass. Thrilled to find and follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...