Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Weck Canning Jars

On a recent trip to Crate & Barrel, I stocked up on various sizes of Weck canning jars. I love the shapes they come in and the simple way they're sealed with a metal clip on either side. They'll be perfect for packaging homemade Christmas gifts such as sweet-spicy almonds and fudge sauce. In my kitchen, I'll use some of them to store lentils and beans, flax seed, dried fruits. Here I'm using an 18 oz. jar to store crystallized ginger -- it looks much prettier than the plastic container the ginger came in!  


I transferred some store-bought cherry preserves into another jar, below, which gives it a homey feel. The spoon is vintage Bakelite, and I love how its color matches the mug. 

In the mug is lemon-ginger herbal tea by Stash. In the colder months, I rely on Stash teas to help keep the chill away. My favorite blends are Lemon-Ginger, Christmas Eve (cinnamon, orange peel, spearmint, vanilla, clove), Mellow Moments (peppermint, chamomile, spearmint, organic tulsi, lemongrass, guava, cinnamon, grapefruit), and Licorice Spice (licorice root, cinnamon, orange peel, star anise, orange, clove, cardamom).


1 comment:

  1. I recently discovered Weck canning jars myself and LOVE them. I keep sugar (brown and white) and clothes pins in them on the kitchen counter. My girls drink out the teensy tiny ones which are so cute. I love the way your ginger looks in one!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...