Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Table


Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, with Christmas a close second. I love the simplicity of Thanksgiving: a time to reflect on all that we're grateful for. There's no pressure to give the perfect gifts. Thanksgiving is about spending time with family and friends, enjoying good company and a good meal. 

For the past several years, we've hosted Thanksgiving dinner at our home. These photos are from last year, but I'm setting the table very much the same way this year. To make the place cards, I used small cookie cutters to trace leaf and acorn shapes onto autumn-colored papers, cut them out, wrote our guests' names on them and tied them to the pear stems.

A few words about our silver place settings from Denmark. My parents received most of the pieces for their wedding in 1960. The pattern is very simple and modern -- just what I would choose today. Using it for special occasions brings to mind happy memories of my mom and dad. I am so thankful to have had them in my life.

Wishing you all a very happy Thanksgiving!
a

1 comment:

  1. A perfect harvest table! I loved hearing the story of your silver. You are lucky to have it!
    I feel the same way you do about Thanksgiving, it is my absolute favorite for all of the reasons you gave. Hope it was a nice one for you, Claudia!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...