Friday, December 30, 2011

Cheers!



 
One of my contributions to this year's family Christmas festivities was a yummy cranberry-citrus cocktail mixer. This recipe is so easy and the result so delicious! It was a hit with everyone.

The Mixer
1. Finely grate the zest of one large orange and one lime. In a small saucepan, combine the orange and lime zests with 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil, stirring. Make sure sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool. 
2. In a large container, put 2-1/2 cups cranberry juice (don't use cranberry cocktail as that is too sweet; I used Northland 100% cranberry juice). Stir in sugar water/zest mixture. Refrigerate, covered, at least one hour (I let mine steep a few hours). Strain and pour mixer into an airtight bottle. Can be kept in the refrigerator up to one week.

Cranberry-Citrus Cocktail
For each cocktail, combine in a shaker filled with ice:
4 ounces cranberry-citrus mixer
2 ounces vodka 
Shake well and strain into a chilled martini glass.
For a smaller drink, use 2 ounces mixer with 1 ounce vodka.
Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the citrus infused simple syrup. This is similar to a cranberry bog martini I make.

    Another good one is to infuse a couple sprigs of rosemary into simple syrup and then use it with grapefruit juice and vodka.

    I definitely try this version though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely! Have a fabulous New Years Eve:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claudia, thanks for sharing this recipe - I've been hunting for cocktail/mockail recipes for Cooking Club and yours sounds yummy! Happy New Year to your husband. Sorry I haven't commented much lately - I will try hard to comment on and not just read your posts this year now that things are starting to get easier around here with Sophie. Thanks for always stopping by my blog, I really appreciate it and look forward to more blogging together in 2012 xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...