Monday, January 9, 2012

Calendars

I'm in love with beautiful things made of paper: letterpress cards, journals, note cubes, wrapping paper, silk-screened cards -- you name it. But I'm particularly fond of calendars. For 2012, I have three calendars. One was given to me by a friend who knows about my calendar addiction. It features photos of beautiful porches, from Victorian to contemporary. It's hanging in our mudroom. I use it to keep track of dog medications, birthdays, volunteer duties, etc.

The other two calendars are ones I purchased: a Snow & Graham calendar for my desk at home and a Little Brown Pen Paris calendar for at work. 

Snow & Graham, based in Chicago, designs and creates beautiful paper goods, including letterpress cards, wrapping paper and notepads. Their desk calendar comes in a jewel case that doubles as a stand. Each sheet is printed on both sides. The flip side features the same pattern as the front, but without dates so it can be used for crafts or framing (see the birds, below). How smart is that!

a
Little Brown Pen, a lovely blog I discovered last year, chronicles Nichole Robertson's Paris Color Project photographs. You can purchase her work here on Etsy. This spring, Chronicle Books will publish a collection of her photographs in a book called Paris in Color. I can't wait to buy a copy. Here are some of my favorite photos from the Paris calendar.


What kind of calendar do you use? How many different calendars do you have for 2012? If you're addicted to calendars, pretty cards, stationery or other paper goods, please share!

6 comments:

  1. Oh these are beautiful!! I too love beautiful paper and calendars. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny, Claudia, that we practically both did the same post today. LOVE your calendar choices. Little Brown Pen has been a favorite for art--didn't know she now has a calendar. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, the Paris pictures are lovely. I must check out Snow & Graham too. Have a lovely week..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote about calendars, too...and included the Paris one also. Great minds...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for featuring our calendar! What a lovely surprise.

    Have a great day,
    Nichole

    ReplyDelete
  6. To be honest, I don't have any calendar :) I tend to use my diary more which this year is one I bought from Typo. I love stationery too, mainly notecards, ribbons etc. Your Snow and Graeme calendar is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...