Friday, January 13, 2012

Pecan-Cherry Muffins


There's nothing like making a batch of delicious muffins from scratch. When I made these yummy pecan-cherry muffins one Sunday morning, I added 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. The recipe called for buttering and flouring a standard 12-cup muffin pan, but I used paper muffin liners instead, which is much easier! I also ended up with 14 muffins rather than 12. We thought they were very delicious. I hope you do too. Enjoy!


Pecan-Cherry Muffins 

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Set paper muffin liners in a standard 12-cup muffin pan. Set aside.

2) In a small bowl, whisk together 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled, 2 large eggs, 1/2 cup whole milk, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Set aside. 

3) In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: 2 cups all-purpose flour, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Make a well in center of dry ingredients; pour egg mixture into well. With a rubber spatula, gently stir ingredients just until batter is moistened (do not overmix; a few lumps are fine). Fold in 3/4 cup chopped pecans and 3/4 cup dried cherries.

4) Spoon batter into lined muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full (I use a small ice cream scoop). Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove muffins from pan and let cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. They are best the same day they're made. You can also freeze them in a resealable plastic bag for up to 3 months.

Adapted from an Everyday Food recipe.

3 comments:

  1. wow, these look delicious and I have all the ingredients on hand right now. How luck am I? Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look divine. I am a bit of a muffin junkie! :D
    Thanks for your sweet comments on the blog - I appreciate your spiritual support with the headaches - it helps knowing I have people in my corner!
    xo Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just made a batch of these with pecans and blueberries since I had them. They are in the oven and smell divine! I will let you know how they turn out. By the way, I am currently reading Laura Shapiro's biography of Julia Child simply titled, "Julia Child", and I read this morning that while Julia was living in France measuring cups and spoons were non existent so she had to send to America for them!!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...