Friday, March 2, 2012

A Pottery Collection

When decorating, I lean toward earth tones and an organic, natural look, which is why I love pottery. I gravitate toward shades of green -- and there's a lot of green in our house. Come take a look at some of my favorite pieces of pottery.

When I found the tall, vintage vase below in a little shop, the pussy willow branches were displayed in it and I think that's what sold me. But I had to talk the owner into including the pussy willow branches with the vase. I love bringing touches of nature into the house, and these branches look so perfect in the vase! The shorter green vase just to the left of the tall one is a favorite piece. I love its shape and rich color. The piece in the foreground adds a touch of blue to the mostly green palette. The picture frame holds a couple of photos of me with my Mom and aunt.


The tall green vase below is an antique piece of Weller pottery that is housed on our mantel. It is a prized piece of American art pottery. The other pieces are new. I recently moved the plate from the dining room (it goes perfectly with our Sherwin-Williams Pennywise walls) to the living room. I like to move pieces around from time to time to give rooms a fresh look. 


Below is a mid-century pottery lamp that had belonged to my parents. I can see how some people might find it ugly, but I adore it! It's been around longer than I have. The original lampshade was a drum shade covered in blue yarn (I know!). It had long since been replaced with a pleated shade that didn't complement the style of the lamp. After searching high and low, I finally found this drum-style lampshade. I think the fabric's color and crosshatch design complement the lamp beautifully.


The two pieces below sit on our tall antique reproduction bookcase. Beside them are a pair of carved wooden figures and a vintage shoe tree. Placing these objects on top of the bookcase draws the eye upwards.



I'll wrap up our little tour in the dining room, where in the spring I like to display this low, green bowl that we purchased at a crafts fair years ago. We have many more pieces of pottery around the house. Would you be interested in seeing more? Let me know!

16 comments:

  1. I loved this 'pottery walking tour'- thanks so much for sharing a bit of your home with us. And what a beautiful walk down memory lane for me to see your parents pottery lamp! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey friend, I can't believe you remember that lamp. I guess it is unique. Thanks for your sweet comment.
      Claudia

      Delete
  2. You really have a beautiful collection. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful collection and each piece looks perfect in its spot. Those lamps are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is one of my most favorite posts! I love seeing how you decorate and your pottery is beautiful! I would love to see more! Kathy L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll do a follow up post on some more of our pottery! Thanks for visiting.
      Claudia

      Delete
  5. You have a lovely collection Claudia!
    That photo of your sweet pups on your sidebar is too, too precious. So sweet!!!

    xojoan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan. That photo is one of my favorites. Winnie, the white dog, passed away on January 20 and we miss her terribly. Our surviving dog misses her too. My husband has visited the shelter many times in the past few weeks, but I'm not quite ready. Once we add another dog to the family, I'll definitely do a post on it.
      Claudia

      Delete
  6. Your pottery is just beautiful. I love all the earth tones and texture on them. I also spotted your amazing book case. I would love to own one like that some day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claudia, I'm loving everything I'm seeing here! I love green, especially the shades you have shown here. I think I'm going to make it my mission to make every room in my house have some green! I'm so glad you found me!

    XO,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore that vintage vase with the pussy willow branches in it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pottery collection feels so earthy and warm. I love it! Especially the green. I love that first photo especially, Claudia.
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved see all of your gorgeous pottery. I want to use the picture of the platter on your dining table in one of my blog posts. Of course, I will give you credit! Your photography is beautiful. Just found your blog and will subscribe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a pottery collection on my condo in philippines too. Love seeing all your collections in here. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...