Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Porch Planter

My front porch planter this year features these shade-tolerant plants: double impatiens (Silhouette Purple), begonia (Ambassador Rose), asparagus fern and coleus (Mosaik Lava Red), plus one little plant that didn't have a label. Does anyone know what the plant with the pink-veined leaves is called? 

Even though asparagus fern isn't a shade plant, I include it in my planter every year and it does beautifully. Aren't the blooms on the vibrant double impatiens gorgeous?
a


3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I have a lot of respect for people who have a green thumb. I am a well known plant serial killer :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely planter! All the textures are divine. Love the shades of pink and green. Yeah, I have an asparagus fern in a planter in the shade and it grows like mad. My SIL turned me on to Miracle Grow for blooming plants that you attach to the hose. She said her flowers tripled in size. Have you tried it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to our friend Joe's mother for identifying the plant in question as Fittonia.
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...