Friday, June 8, 2012

From the Farmer's Market

A trip to the farmer's market last weekend yielded these lovely black raspberries, beets and sugar snap peas. We also purchased a loaf of pain au levain (delicious topped with lemon curd), a beautiful bunch of rainbow Swiss chard, blueberries, a dozen free-range chicken eggs and two herb plants: rosemary and Italian parsley. 

It was an unusually cool morning for the first week of June. I had to wear jeans and a light jacket -- it felt like fall! I love visiting the farmer's market early on a Saturday morning. It's one of my favorite things to do.





3 comments:

  1. Farmers markets are fun! I've sniffed out a new one to go to today. Our son and friend said they want to come too - they plan on busking there. Here I was just popping in to buy some honey but looks like I'll be there a while.
    Love Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful photos, Claudia. I grew up eating beet greens and whenever I see fresh beets, it takes me right back to the country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Farmer's Markets near us too - so nice to come back with a whole bunch of fresh produce and to plan what to make with it all x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...