Saturday, July 14, 2012

Strawberry-Blueberry Pops

These popsicles are awesome! They are perfect for summer and easy to make, not to mention patriotic with their red, white and blue color scheme (I know, I should have posted this before Independence Day). Make a batch now and skip the store-bought pops. With less than 60 calories and only .6 grams of fat each, you may be tempted to eat two!



Strawberry-Blueberry Popsicles

Directions
1) In a food processor, puree 1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries (hulled and cut in half) with 1 tablespoon sugar. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside. In clean food processor bowl, puree 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries with one tablespoon sugar. In a small bowl, whisk together 1 cup low-fat vanilla or plain yogurt (I used vanilla-flavored) and 1 tablespoon sugar. 

2) Pour the three mixtures, alternating, into 3-ounce popsicle molds to make 3 to 5 layers in each. With a skewer or knife, swirl the mixtures together using an up and down motion. Insert sticks and freeze until solid, about 3 hours. Keep frozen for up to one week. 

You'll love these! So, what's your favorite icy cold summertime dessert?
a
recipe adapted from Everyday Food

6 comments:

  1. I just saw roasted peach and coconut milk popsicles recently on Katie Did blog. Strawberry and blueberry sound equally amazing...and lower in calories which is a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have actually been making popsicles for clyde recently, which we have all been enjoying, and am interested in finding out where you got your sipable popsicle molds. great idea. -lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lindsay,
    I honestly don't recall where I bought these popsicle molds. I've had them several years. Silly me, I didn't even realize they were "sipable" until you mentioned it. Now I see why there's a lip at one side!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to make these for my girls. How cute are those molds too? I have molds, but they are useless.

    Such a pretty looking popsicle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Camille. I wish I could remember where I bought those molds, but it was several years ago. Crate and Barrel has some on their website that look nice. Next I'm going to try some old-fashioned chocolate popsicles like the kind we'd buy from the ice cream truck when we were kids!
      Claudia

      Delete
  5. I bought sippable molds at Walmart made by Arrow Plastic company.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...