Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Chocolate Banana Bread


Banana bread is one of my favorite quick breads to make, and this version, with its chunks of bittersweet chocolate, is definitely my favorite recipe.

Chocolate Banana Bread 
Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 5 x 9" loaf pan.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 and 2/3 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
3) In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat 1/2 cup butter (at room temperature) with 1-1/4 cups sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy. Add 2 large eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down bowl as needed. Beat in 1 and 1/2 cups mashed overripe bananas, 2 tablespoons sour cream (I use reduced fat sour cream) and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I use Nielsen-Massey brand). Beat in flour mixture just until incorporated; stir in 6 ounces of chopped bittersweet chocolate (I used a 4 oz. bar of Ghirardelli; it was plenty of chocolate for me).
4) Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes. A toothpick inserted into center should come out clean. 
Let bread cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack. Store tightly wrapped up to 3 days, or freeze up to 3 months.
Recipe from Everyday Food

a
a
a

5 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL! That has gone straight into my compendium of favorite recipes.

    Thanks,
    Sheila
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time I made banana bread.....it came out sooooo dry. I'll put this in the to make pile. Since I started blogging and pinterest, I've been accumulating all sorts of wonderful recipes. I'm not the best or most experienced cook/baker, but if it is easy I'll try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate b. bread is so great. I have a recipe I like also. I never make it now without adding chocolate chips. You take such beautiful photos too...!!

    xo Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claudia, we rented the Paris apartment through A La Carte Paris. The apartment we had is called Marais Classical. I forgot to mention this! Thanks! Yes, it is definitely the way to go. xo Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait to make this recipe. My Nana's banana bread recipe is a family treasure and I can't wait to try it with chocolate chunks. Genius!! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...