Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Pistachio-Chocolate Biscotti


I've been wanting to make biscotti for quite some time, but like so many other recipes, biscotti remained on my list of "things to make." Well, I finally did it, choosing this delicious pistachio-chocolate variety. Now I'm hooked. I can't wait to try different biscotti flavors: almond-ginger, cranberry-walnut, whole wheat raisin. Can you guess how I'm going to spend some time off at the holidays? 

Here's the recipe I adapted for pistachio-chocolate biscotti. If you haven't tried making biscotti at home, you must. It's easy, and I think these would make lovely Christmas presents, don't you? 

Pistachio-Chocolate Biscotti

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar plus 2 tablespoons
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shelled unsalted pistachios
1/2 cup mini chunk dark chocolate pieces
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup Hershey's extra dark cocoa powder

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in pistachios and chocolate chunks.

2. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, melted butter, vanilla and cocoa powder. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir until combined (dough will be stiff; mix with hands if necessary).

3. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment and sprinkle with a tablespoon of sugar. Divide dough in half and place on sheet. Shape each half into a 2-1/2" x 12" log and sprinkle tops with 1 tablespoon sugar, divided evenly. Bake until risen and firm, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely on sheet, about 30 minutes.

4. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees. Using a serrated knife, cut logs crosswise into 1/2" thick slices. Arrange slices in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake until biscotti are dry, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. To store, keep in an airtight container at room temperature, up to 1 week.


Adapted from Everyday Food

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I think I'd like to try a vanilla one with cranberries and pistachios for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! Biscotti is delicious dipped in coffee or hot cocoa:) I'll try this recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my favorite thing to bake during the holidays ~ my recipe is dried cranberry, dipped in white chocolate. Yours look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...