Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Birthday Flowers




A few days before my birthday, which was last weekend, my husband sent me these gorgeous flowers. Aren't the colors beautiful? Orchids -- one of my favorite flowers -- always look so dramatic in an arrangement. The hydrangeas have quite an impact too. I think the pale green flowers are a type of hydrangea, but I'm not sure. The florist he uses does such amazing work. 

I had a great birthday this year. I started the day by going to the gym. Instead of making New Year's resolutions, I like to make birthday resolutions, and getting more exercise is at the top of my list. After my workout, my hubby and I went to the movies -- a small, independent theater that serves beer and wine (we enjoyed a couple of Newcastles with our popcorn -- so much for the workout!). The movie we saw was "Silver Linings Playbook." It was very good. Next, we stopped by our favorite wine shop for a tasting and light lunch. That evening, we had dinner at a Greek restaurant that has the most wonderful crepes for dessert. We always order ours with Nutella and sliced banana -- heavenly! I was also treated to phone calls from my best friend and my niece, her husband and their 3-year-old son, who sang "Happy Birthday" to me. To top it off, my husband gave me two wonderful presents: a pair of earrings by my favorite jeweler, and a cuddly pullover top by Merrell. It was a terrific birthday all around!

11 comments:

  1. They are just beautiful! Happy Birthday, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Your husband is great at picking flowers! The bouquet is SO beautiful. I am trying to be good and exercise these days too. Have December weight to get off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Claudia! - sounds like you had a great day and I wish all good things for you in your "new" year! Love the flowers too - beautiful colors. xoxo Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Sounds like to had a wonderful day:) orchids and hydrangeas are two of my favorite flowers..live the bouquet!

    I like your comment about the gym;) that would be my choice too!

    xxL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how lovely and what a perfect day! Birthdays are SO special!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claudia, happy belated birthday!!!! It sounds like a totally wonderful one. I love the idea of all the things you did. I have to see that movie. The gifts sound perfect and your flowers are gorgeous.

    Happy Birthday!

    Terri xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Happy belated Birthday Claudia!! Sounds like it was the perfect day. Your flowers from your sweet husband are gorgeous! Love cut orchids in an arrangement, and they last so long. How are Phoebe and Henry?! Please give them a big hug and kisses from me and Ella!
    xxojoan

    p.s. Happy new year too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday, Claudia! Sounds like you had a wonderful one. The flowers are beautiful!!
    Cheers,
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I missed your day, Claudia! Happy Belated Birthday, what a gorgeous combination of flowers and your celebrating sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday Claudia! Your birthday sounded wonderful and the flowers above are such a pretty arrangement x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday from me too. Hey Claudia your fresh flowers arrangements are looking quite stunning. Wish you happy and prosperous life.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...