Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Clean Slate

photo: Crate & Barrel
photo: Crate & Barrel

Have you seen Crate & Barrel's new line called Clean Slate? I've never seen such a beautiful catalog of utilitarian products! The photography makes their cleaning and storage products look almost sexy. They make me want to pull out my rubber gloves and get to work! I mean, no one really enjoys cleaning, right? But Crate and Barrel sure knows how to make housework look stylish.

When I received the Clean Slate catalog in the mail, I was instantly smitten. I had to restrain myself when placing an order (and there was free shipping!). I could have bought one of everything, especially the beautiful German Redecker brushes, above. How cute is that hedgehog crumb brush!

Instead of buying more than I needed, I ordered just a few items: a divided tote to use as a hamper, a Redecker rubber-bristled lint brush, and a bottle of Caldrea hand soap in sea salt neroli. When my package was delivered on a Saturday via FedEx, I was like a kid on Christmas morning. I am very pleased with the hamper and the lint brush, which is ideal for getting pet hair off clothing and upholstered furniture (so handy when you have three dogs!). At first I wasn't crazy about the smell of the hand soap, but it's growing on me. Plus, I like the pretty yellow pattern on the label (I'm a sucker for well-designed packaging).
.
.
While we're talking about cleaning, I have to mention a great product that anyone who has pets in the house should have on hand. Nature's Miracle uses "nature's enzymes" to remove organic stains and odors, including urine and throw-up. So far, I've had good success with this product. 

Urine odor can be especially hard to get out of a rug or carpet, and Nature's Miracle doesn't use perfume to cover up odors. When our oldest dog, Phoebe, was on chemotherapy, she developed a urinary condition which caused her to have a couple of accidents. Nature's Miracle worked well and removed all traces of odor. We were, however, left with a lighter colored stain on our natural fiber rug, so be sure to test the product on an inconspicuous area first.

6 comments:

  1. I love that hedgehog brush!!! Several of these items would make great little housewarming gifts....thanks for sending the link. Also, I remember hearing about Nature's Miracle, years ago. I never could find it. I use a very expensive enzyme spray from the vet's office. Is the Nature's Miracle also available at Crate and Barrel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda,
      Thanks for your comment! I purchased Nature's Miracle at my local pet supply store. According to the company's website, PetSmart, Petco, Pet Supplies Plus and Pet Supermarket carry it. You can also purchase some of their products online from their website.
      Claudia

      Delete
  2. You're right. Those brushes are sexy. It would be nice to have a big pantry where they all could be on display.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous items! They might actually inspire me to clean more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find, the brushes are so beautiful, they should be on hooks displayed. Going to check them out now. I think Nature's Miracle is the best pet product out there. We have used it when our dogs were puppies. Out Petsmart carries it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post....thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...