Monday, May 13, 2013

Decadent (gluten-free) Pecan Brownies


These decadent, ultra-moist brownies use cornstarch instead of flour to give them structure. Cinnamon adds an exotic flavor, but you can omit it if you wish. If you don't like pecans, use walnuts or hazelnuts ... but I wouldn't recommend making these brownies without nuts. They help "break up" the gooeyness of the brownie.

Decadent Pecan Brownies

Directions
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter an 8" square baking pan and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2" overhang on all sides.

2) Whisk together 1/3 cup cornstarch, 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon fine salt. Set aside.

3) In a large, microwave-safe bowl, microwave 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (cut into pieces) and 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until melted and smooth, about 2 minutes total. Stir in 3/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir in 3 large eggs, one at a time, until combined. Add cornstarch mixture and stir vigorously until mixture is smooth and begins to pull away from the side of the bowl, about 2 minutes. Stir in 1 cup chopped pecans.

4) Pour batter into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 35 minutes, rotating pan halfway through (note: my toothpick came out clean, no crumbs). Let cool completely in pan on wire rack. Using paper overhang, lift brownies out of pan. Makes 16 squares. Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days -- if they last that long!
  
From Everyday Food

5 comments:

  1. Hi Claudia, Wow! These DO look decadent. I usually use a gluten free flower to bake with rather than corn starch. Interesting.. and I've never made these without flour of some sort. The cinnamon is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds delicious...definitely going to try these. We are a brownie lovin' family!! Thanks for sharing! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delish Claudia, I would love to dig right in right now! Cornstarch, cinnamon and parchment paper, all clever ideas, going to make them when our kids are home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!! I love brownies with nuts. I can only make them when I know none of my family will be coming by my house! Both my brother and sister are allergic. But I make brownies for them with sunflower seeds for that crunch. They're good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh...this sounds so good..our whole family is gluten free now but one....

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...