Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Strawberries with Sour Cream

Strawberries rank high on my list of favorite fruits. They are so versatile. You can use them to make fabulous drinks (think strawberry daiquiris), healthy breakfast smoothies, delicious desserts (strawberry shortcake, strawberry pie), as a tasty topper on oatmeal. And of course they are great just by themselves. 

Here's a super easy strawberry dessert that lets the berries shine while adding a touch of sweetness and a little crunch. Simply mix 1/2 cup of sour cream with one tablespoon of light brown sugar; stir well to combine. Drizzle the sour cream over the berries and sprinkle with sliced almonds. It's that easy. Enjoy, and happy Independence Day to my American friends!


7 comments:

  1. Oh my, sounds delicious!! Strawberries are one of my favourite fruits too... I can easily get through a punnet by myself :) Luckily my girls love them as much as I do! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good Claudia! I like sour cream and I've never tried this combination. Have a wonderful weekend ahead and happy 4th! xxL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love strawberries too! Never had them this way, will try that tonight. I picked a basket of strawberries from our patch last night. Happy 4th of July from a Canadian reader! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks yummy! I have 3 little kiddos who would go crazy for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claudia,
    This looks yummy, and I love that it is easy to make. Throw in a few blueberries and we have red, white and blue :) Have a wonderful and safe 4th! Loi

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...