Friday, August 30, 2013

A Couple of Cute Things from Mignon Kitchen Co.

One of my favorite blogs is Elephantine. Author Rachel Ball of Seattle also runs an Etsy shop called Elephantine Jewelry featuring her own handmade pieces, and Mignon Kitchen Coan online specialty food/kitchen shop. 

I recently purchased from Mignon a couple of cute items: a set of four silkscreened felt coasters by Cotton & Flax, and a set of four stainless steel straws. We make smoothies a lot for breakfast and I like to drink them using a straw, but I don't like adding more plastic to the landfill. These metal straws are reusable, and they're dishwasher safe, too. 

The coasters, which are made by hand, come in three cute patterns and colors.  I had a hard time choosing one! 

Be sure to visit Rachel's blog and online shops -- you'll be in for a real treat.


6 comments:

  1. I visited Mignon: such a lovely website and offerings! Thanks for the introduction, Claudia. Your coasters are charming!! That pattern would be fabulous on fabric as well. I can see pillows in that pattern.

    Enjoy the holiday weekend.
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coasters look perfect. It's hard to find a coaster that's a little absorbent so the condensation doesn't run off the side. I think I'll buy a set for a friend whose been looking for new coasters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those metal straws are a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the lovely blog post, Claudia! It's very much appreciated, and I love seeing the coasters & straws in use :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, thanks for the suggestion. Love to find new pretty things...enjoy! xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...