Monday, August 26, 2013

A Good Way to End the Weekend


This past weekend we had beautiful weather -- cooler, dry and breezy. On Sunday evening, I made salsa fresca using cilantro from the "garden" (it's actually growing in a pot on the front porch, away from the slugs that were devouring it earlier in the summer). Winding down the weekend with a margarita, some chips and homemade salsa and listening to my guy play guitar ... I can't think of a better way to end the weekend.

Salsa Fresca

Directions:
Roughly chop two medium-sized ripe tomatoes (about 1-1/2 cups). Combine with 2/3 cup onion (white or yellow), diced small; 1 small jalapeno, minced; 1 garlic clove, minced; and 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice. Season with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper and stir to combine. Let sit about 15 minutes. Just before serving, stir in 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped.





I'm not ready to say good-bye to summer, are you?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Claudia,

    Thanks for posting your recipe! I'll definitely try it. Chips and salsa is always in my a favorite around here:)

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! Looks so fresh and tangy. This salsa would be delicious over an omelette, too. Enjoy this last week of August!
    Cheers,
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful salsa! You two have the same habits we do, I go for the margarita, hubby goes for the red wine! I am impressed with your cilantro, Claudia, mine always goes to seed so quickly, I have given up growing it in the herb planter.

    I am not ready for the end of summer. The weather has been perfect. I just wish we would sell our house! Looks like we are in for another cold winter. Hubby just gave me the Farmer's Almanac forecast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd have to quadruple the recipe. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. NOOOOOOO. I don't want summer to end. My mouth is watering.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...