Monday, October 14, 2013

Chocolate-Zucchini Bread



I made this delicious chocolate-zucchini bread the weekend before last on a day that I was having painful lower back issues. I really had to force myself to stand in the kitchen long enough to whip up this bread. Fortunately it came together quickly. 

This recipe comes from one of my favorite food blogs, Two Tarts. If you'd like to make this yummy bread, and I suggest you do, go here to find the recipe. 

I have to admit that I mistakenly used 2 cups of regular white flour instead of 1 cup of white flour and 1 cup of whole wheat flour. Next time, I will use the whole wheat flour, which might give it a slightly different taste -- and definitely a healthier twist. What's really nice about this bread is that it uses 2 cups of shredded zucchini and 1 cup of applesauce -- no butter or oil. I encourage you to give it a try!

10 comments:

  1. This looks great. I'm sorry about your back; I hope you're feeling better. Back problems are the worst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steve. I have a bulging disc in my lower spine -- likely the same one that gave me trouble last October. This time though, the pain started in my right hip while we were on a home tour in September (every house had multiple flights of stairs!). While my lower back is feeling better, my hip isn't. I'm going to physical therapy, which should be helpful.
      Claudia

      Delete
  2. Wow. That looks good! I went to their site, and they have some great recipes. What a find. I will definitely be trying this zucchini bread, but also the pumpkin cream cheese cupcakes. MMMMMmmmmm. I love autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! The bulging disc is very painful .. I'm so sorry. Hopefully you are being treated and will get better soon..

    This looks delicious and the addition of chocolate is perfect:) xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leslie. I'm doing an exercise my physical therapist gave me and it's helping! I hope you try making this bread and find it tasty.

      Delete
  4. I've looked at this post several times, and then just went over to Two Tarts. What a great blog they have! I printed out the recipe and hope to try today or tomorrow: no applesauce in the house so I have to go get that! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never has zucchini looked so good, I like the idea of the applesauce too.
    A back ache I think is the worst pain to have to endure, I hope you are feeling much better soon!
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. If this is not the best way to add zucchini to your diet, I don't know what else is! I am so making this, thanks for the recipe. I have the lower back pain thing too, Claudia, thank goodness for hot baths and jacuzzi jets. And Ibupofen of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So different! Love the idea of that combo, will definitely have to try :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...