Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pears Pastel: Before & After

First, let me thank those of you who responded to my last post. I appreciate your support, encouragement and compliments more than I can say. I am looking forward to continuing on with My Little Bungalow, and it's comforting to know you are reading and enjoying the simple things I have to share. Thank you.

A few weeks ago, I showed you some of the pastel drawings in our home (my work included). I mentioned I was going to take the drawing of the three pears to be reframed. Well, I wanted to share with you the "before" and "after" photos. I think they are quite interesting.

Before ... 



And after ...

The drawing looks so much better in the new frame, don't you agree? The whole piece looks richer. It even has a slight antique quality to it.

I love how the frame's color and wood grain bring out the shadows in the drawing. The frame also complements the antique chair. For purposes of this photo, I sat the picture on the chair and positioned it to avoid reflection in the glass. The drawing now hangs on the wall above the chair and I think they look lovely together.

Here's detail of the new frame. It has an "old" look but is modern at the same time. I can't believe we didn't think to reframe this piece years ago!



  Thanks for visiting! I hope everyone in the U.S. had a very happy Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, love the pears in the new frame. We have so many gold frames in our home that were done years ago, love some of them but others feel dated to me. Think I will reconsider them when we make our move. This motivated me to look around and evaluate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great, Claudia. It's not easy to chose a nice frame but you did well. It looks warmer and richer and linear quality of the grain is a great contrast to the curves in the pears. It looks beautiful on your richly colored walls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gosh, the difference is huge! It shows how the right frame is so very important. I love the new look one x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...