Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Ella's New Outfits

Ella has two new outfits: an outdoor coat for these cold, wintry days and a sweater she can wear indoors or out. We went to our local pet supply store the other night to buy a pack of yak milk chew sticks (the dogs love them!) and we brought Ella along. She enjoys going to the pet supply store and making new friends, both human and canine. She met a handsome Corgi named Bandit and received lots of attention from the salespeople. 

Ella is a great little dog. I've never had a dog I could put clothes on, and, to be honest, it's quite a lot of fun. Ella is very tolerant of being dressed (it makes me wonder if her former owner put clothes on her). Our other dogs would never put up with it, but they don't need coats or sweaters like Ella does. She shivers in the cold -- and we've been having some cold weather lately! We even had snow flurries the day before Thanksgiving (not typical for these parts). At night, especially if it's raining, Ella will run from us when we try to get her to go outdoors to use the potty. Fortunately she's small enough to pick up and carry outside. Now we put her coat on and I think it helps keep her a little warmer. When she curls up to go to sleep at night, we sometimes put a towel over her, which she seems to like.


Doesn't this sweater look smart on her! My husband picked it out, and it was 50% off (only $9 -- what a bargain!).



.

Over the holiday weekend we all went for a walk along the greenway. It was a cold, windy day, but sunny. Before long, we were toasty warm from our brisk walk. Above are Ella, Henry and Phoebe posing for a photo with their daddy (yes, he wears shorts year-round, even in 30-degree weather!). I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving weekend. What fun things did you do?

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely family ! You are giving your 'kids' a wonderful life - love those beautiful faces in the last pic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Claudia:) Ella is lucky to have a family that makes sure she's warm! xxL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leslie. We feel lucky to have Ella!

      Delete
  3. Ella looks amazing! What a gorgeous girl -- give her a kiss from me.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell Ella you said so, Sheila, and kisses have been given!

      Delete
  4. Your doggies are all so wonderful. Kudos to you for adopting older pups. Ella looks particularly dapper in her striped sweater - she certainly has "the pose" down right! A poster dog for the well-dressed pooch.

    The highlight of my weekend was spend reading through your older posts! That said and done, Canadian Thanksgiving was in early October. Sniff. I've always wished it was in November so we could segue into Christmas with more momentum.

    It looks like you're having nice weather (I'm already in a parka), but I give bonus points to Paul for wearing shorts in 30F temps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Well, I'm honored that you spent your weekend reading through previous posts. How nice! I told my hubby that you were impressed with his year-round wearing of shorts. He gets a lot of funny looks in the winter. He'll even wear them when the temps dip into the 20s! I'll pass along your compliments to Ella, I know she'll appreciate it.
      C

      Delete
  5. Hi, beautiful Ella! Looking very sporty in picture #1. And preppy in picture #2. Panda and Mocha are so jealous of your new outfits :) Woof, woof!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claudia, Ella is so adorable. Love those eyes!!! What girl doesn't love a new outfit? Ditto to bonus point to Paul wearing shorts also. My husband wears them year-round and loves to go barefoot. I've given up asking him to wash his feet! I bet your babies loved the fresh air and the sunny hike! Have a great weekend and thanks for sharing. -Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous family (and David wears shorts half the time too and it's even colder here). I LOVE Ella's outfits. That coat is smashing and the little sweater!! What a dear. How wonderful. xo Terri

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both of her coats. The brown is very handsome; the sweater is very sporty. I've found little outfits that I thought would be fun for Zazu, my girl cat, but I know she would never tolerate them. And they wouldn't be to keep her warm, they'd be so we could laugh at her. And that's not right.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...