Tuesday, January 28, 2014

8-Layer Dip for Game Day


Whether or not you plan to watch the Superbowl this weekend, this 8-layer dip is wonderful to make for any gathering, any time of the year. It's easy and delicious -- and fairly healthy with its fresh tomatoes, avocados and lettuce. I always use vegetarian refried beans made without lard. You could also try refried black beans to change it up a bit.

Directions:
In a mixing bowl, combine a 16-ounce can of refried beans with 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice and 2 tablespoons water. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving dish and spread evenly.

Top the beans with: 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream; 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese; 4.5-ounces canned chopped green chiles; 1 or 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped; half an avocado, diced small; some shredded Romaine lettuce; and 2 thinly sliced scallions. Serve with tortilla chips, and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't had one of these in years! I'll probably be making a big pot of chili...hopefully on the new stove!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic- I think I will just have to make this for Sunday. Go Hawks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks absolutely delicious. I think I;m gonna have to try it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fantastic! Sure wish my husband liked avocado :-(

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...