Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Chickpea Salad with Buttermilk Dressing


Here's an idea for a simple and healthy weeknight supper ...

Chickpea Salad with Buttermilk Dressing

Ingredients:
green beans, stem ends trimmed
1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 small garlic clove, minced
1 can (15.5 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
4 radishes, trimmed, halved and thinly sliced
1/2 cup walnuts, broken into small pieces
lettuce

Directions:
1. Boil green beans 1 minute. Drain and cut into 1-inch pieces. 
2. In a small bowl, mix buttermilk, sour cream, vinegar, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. 
3. In a large bowl, combine green beans, chickpeas, radishes and walnuts; toss with half the dressing. Serve over green leaf or Boston lettuce, and drizzle with remaining dressing.

from Everyday Food

6 comments:

  1. Your recipe looks absolutely delish so I went on Google to find out what buttemilk was in French. It appears that it is called "lait ribot" which I have never tasted or found anywhere. I have definitely got to investigate ... All the best from Paris ! Claudine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Claudine from Paris! So happy that you've visited My Little Bungalow. I will have to explore your blog as well. I love Paris. We were there six years ago. We also went to Strasbourg, where my grandfather was from. Loved it! I hope to return to France at least once more before I leave this Earth to explore other parts of the country, and see more of Paris.
      Claudia

      Delete
  2. I love buttermilk dressing and never thought to use it with chick peas. Will make this yummy sounding salad, Claudia. How fun to have a reader from France! Also love the styling, blue checks are one of my favorite fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy! After you make this recipe, let me know how you like it.
      Claudia

      Delete
  3. You know Claudia, I don't think I've ever had a buttermilk dressing (well I probably did and didn't know that's what it was called), but I will admit that nothing sounds nicer. David and I eat tons of salads and I have a vast collection of oils and vinegars, but I really need to branch out. This looks divine!

    xo Terri

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...