Thursday, July 3, 2014

Blondies with Chocolate Chips and Walnuts


Wow, am I in love with this blondie recipe! I'm experimenting with my gluten-free flour and recently made blondies with two kinds of chocolate chips and walnuts. These bars are fantastic and the gluten-free flour worked beautifully. Of course you can make these treats with regular all-purpose flour too. Give them a try and let me know what you think!

Blondies with Chocolate Chips and Walnuts

Ingredients:
1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup gluten-free or all purpose flour (I used Cup 4 Cup flour from Williams-Sonoma)
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chunks (I used Whole Foods 365 brand)
1 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8" square baking dish; line pan with a piece of parchment paper, leaving a 2" overhang on two sides. Butter the paper.

2) In a large bowl, whisk melted butter and sugars until smooth. Whisk in egg and vanilla. Add flour and salt. Mix just until moistened (don't overmix). Fold in half the semisweet chocolate chips (1/4 cup), all the white chocolate chunks, and half the walnuts (1/2 cup). Transfer batter to prepared pan and smooth top. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips and walnuts. 

3) Bake until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes. Set pan on a wire rack and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to two days. Enjoy!

And happy Independence Day to my friends in the U.S.!



Adapted from Everyday Food

4 comments:

  1. Yum, yum, yum. I wish I lived closer. I might "accidentally" drop by after reading posts like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camille you can "drop by" anytime!
      Claudia

      Delete
  2. They look great! What is the "flour" made of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cup 4 Cup flour is made from cornstarch, white rice flour, brown rice flour, milk powder, tapioca flour, potato starch and xanthan gum. I just bought another bag of it at Williams-Sonoma last night. It's $20 for a 3-lb. bag, so it's pricey. But considering how much I love to bake, I'd say it's worth it. I will just be more selective as to what I make with it.
      Claudia

      Delete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...