Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Seattle Japanese Garden and Sincere Thanks



Before I continue with the sights from my trip to Seattle, I'd like to say thank you to each and every one of you who shared your kind thoughts and condolences on the loss of our precious dog, Phoebe. Though we've never met, I feel as if I know many of you personally. Those of you who are dog owners understand the bond that forms -- and the heartache that comes when it is time to say goodbye. Before Phoebe passed away, my husband and I had been through this loss before and it is always devastating. Fortunately we still have two lovely, sweet dogs in our life who give us their unconditional love and make us laugh every day. Thank goodness for them! If the house were empty, the sadness would be overwhelming. I truly appreciate the outpouring of kindness from our friends, family and those of you who follow My Little Bungalow. My husband and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Now on to the next highlight I wanted to share with you from my recent trip: the Seattle Japanese Garden. One of the oldest Japanese gardens in North America and regarded as one of the most authentic in the U.S., it is beautifully designed and very tranquil. You can purchase food to feed the koi, but more than just the fish love it. Many little turtles and ducks will also come to devour the pellets.



Throughout the garden are several lovely stone temples. My husband and I recently purchased one for our garden, similar to the first one seen below. When we finally get around to landscaping our yard, a Japanese maple tree will be on the list, under which we will place our little temple. We may also bury Phoebe's ashes there -- a special place where we can sit and think of her.




I can only imagine how gorgeous this Japanese Garden must be in the spring, when the azaleas, rhododendrons and wisteria are blooming. If you visit Seattle, be sure to make a stop at the Japanese Garden. 




4 comments:

  1. Just beautiful!!!! I went to the SF Japanese Tea Garden today and I want to post it about it, too. Can't wait to see what you do with your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Seattle but maybe, someday… These are beautiful images Claudia.
    Yes, you are right that a house is very, very quiet without our four-legged friends. We've gotten used to it, but still…it's different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your lovely posts from Seattle. I live on the sunnier east side of the state - hotter in summer and colder in winter. But a visit to the west side is always so exciting and fun.
    My sympathy to you for the loss of your sweet Phoebe. How fortunate that you found her and she found you. Your photos of her capture her happy disposition - she looks cherished and loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photographs! I love the temple idea, and think it would be a fitting tribute to Phoebe.

    I hope you are doing well, and that each passing day gets easier...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...