Monday, August 18, 2014

Home Tour: Seattle-area House with a View

Today I'm highlighting my friend's lovely home near Seattle. Look at this stunning view they have of the Cascades. The photos don't capture just how pretty it is in person. While I visited in July, we had dinners out on the deck, enjoying this view. Hummingbirds, flickers, chickadees and other birds frequent the bird feeders and plants that are on the deck. Eagles are also commonly seen flying by.





The cozy living room, below, features two Thomas Moser Lolling chairs in cherry with black leather upholstery. A couple of white upholstered ottomans accent the room and hold soft blankets for snuggling up with on Seattle's damp, chilly days. Not seen in the living room photos is a large black leather sofa by Kravet accented with pillows from Room & Board.



Vivid pink orchids and green candlesticks add a splash of color to the mantel. The painting above the mantel is so realistic, I thought it was a photograph. The artist is Taman VanScoy. Check out his website. I find his graphite drawings to be particularly fascinating, and so detailed!


The living room features floor-to-ceiling windows, which allow for a wonderful view of the valley and mountains in the distance. Because this room gets so much sun during the day in the summer months, cellular blinds encased between the glass of the windows and sliding doors can be lowered to keep the room from getting too hot.

The antique rug is a recent purchase and brings more blues and reds into the palette (I think a couple of glassybaby votives in "Cashmere" would look lovely in this room). A black leather ottoman serves as a coffee table.


A lineup of glassybabies in shades of cream and brown are set on a slim, glass-topped console in the dining room window. Be sure to check out my previous post on Seattle's glassybaby store and the hot shop where these beautiful vessels are made.


The kitchen has been completely updated with granite countertops and backsplash, warm wooden cabinets with modern pulls, high-end appliances including a Wolf gas range and Sub-Zero side-by-side refrigerator, and bluestone tile floors (too bad I didn't get a photo; the floor is one of my favorite features in the house). 
.



Lastly, I can't leave out the cats. Below is Camille, one of two gorgeous grey cats, lounging on a fringed cashmere throw. Don't you love how she coordinates with the décor? She and her sister Colette are nearly identical, except that Colette has an extra toe on each of her paws. They are very loving, playful kitties.
.

And below is Fitty, the old man of the house. What a sweetheart he is. He has this very funny way of eating: he takes some dry food with his paw, scoops it into the adjacent water bowl and then fishes it out of the water with his paw -- just like a raccoon! 

.
I hope you have enjoyed this tour of my friend's home. Many thanks to her and her husband for allowing me to share it with you. 

4 comments:

  1. Your friends have a very beautiful house. I love a "real" house, instead of those "staged" photos we see in magazines. It's liveable, it's unique...and now I want a black leather ottoman as a coffee table! I'd have a hard time tearing myself away from there to return home. (I am always trying to convince Eric to move to the West Coast).

    Awww, I want to give old man Fitty a kiss on the noggin. Love the names Collette and Camille - your friends must be Francophiles. Gray kitties have their own special characters - we inherited a mother/son pair, and they were unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how absolutely stunning. I could sit there all day, every day, gazing out at that view!!! What a lovely retreat for your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure love the greenery and glassy babies…I have a white one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friend's home is beautiful and so warm! That painting does look very realistic. And those views - what a setting!!! Spectacular! Thanks for sharing this tour. Have a wonderful holiday weekend ahead. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...