As I was setting the Thanksgiving table today, I wanted to do something different with my new linen napkins, so I looked on the Internet for some ideas. You can make a napkin pocket with a 20" square napkin in just eight easy steps. Here's how:
1) With the right side of the napkin facing up, fold the bottom edge up to the middle.
2) Fold the bottom edge up to the middle again.
3) Turn the napkin over and fold the left side in to the middle.
4) Fold the right side in to the middle.
5) Repeat by folding the left side in to the middle again ...
6) And then the right side.
7) Turn the napkin over so the folds are on the bottom and the pocket is on top.
8) Insert silverware.