Wednesday, November 26, 2014

How To Fold a Napkin Pocket


As I was setting the Thanksgiving table today, I wanted to do something different with my new linen napkins, so I looked on the Internet for some ideas. You can make a napkin pocket with a 20" square napkin in just eight easy steps. Here's how: 

1) With the right side of the napkin facing up, fold the bottom edge up to the middle.


2) Fold the bottom edge up to the middle again.


3) Turn the napkin over and fold the left side in to the middle.


4) Fold the right side in to the middle.

  
5) Repeat by folding the left side in to the middle again ...


6) And then the right side.


7) Turn the napkin over so the folds are on the bottom and the pocket is on top.


8) Insert silverware.

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea, Claudia, and the colors and textures on your table. We use our burnt orange napkins most often and sage green is all over our house, both furniture and upholstery. BTW, you have pretty hands! You must wear gloves? I should have been doing it for years. Age spots and visible veins, yuck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment, Cindy. I had to chuckle when I read it because my hands are actually quite dry and my cuticles are usually a mess (all these years I haven't been able to break the bad habit of picking at my cuticles!). When I was a teen, my dad, who was in the advertising business, used to tell me I could be a hand model. I thought it was funny there was such a thing! Oh, I used your tip today about watering paper whites with a mixture of vodka and water to stunt the growth. Thanks for the link to that information!
      Claudia

      Delete
  2. I'm not good with napkin folds! This wouldn't work for me, because the prettiest part of my silver is the bottom. But if you have any other lovely folds, I would love to know!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...