Friday, December 12, 2014

More Calendars for the New Year

I just had to share another calendar idea with you (and please note, this is not a sponsored post, just sharing products I like). As I mentioned in my last post, I am a bit of a calendar addict. I've always wanted to create a personalized calendar, but I'm not very savvy about these things, and so I  never got around to figuring it out. When I discovered Pinhole Press through another blog recently and saw all the wonderful products they offer, I decided to give it a try and create a 2015 calendar using my own photos. It couldn't have been easier!


In less than 20 minutes I had put together a custom calendar and placed my order. The site lets you choose the color of the outer cover (I chose grey, one of my favorite colors) and any text you'd like to put on the cover. Then you upload your photos and drag them into the month of your choice. The program automatically crops the photo to fit the space, but you can make adjustments to the positioning of each photo as needed.


I received my order in less than a week and am thrilled with the quality of the heavy paper stock and the printing. I was considering wrapping the calendar and putting it under the tree (once we get a tree!) as a surprise for my husband, but I just couldn't wait. I tore into it last night, anxious to see my creation and share it with my husband. He was very impressed and liked my choice of photographs!

One thing I really like about this calendar is that it has space for each day of the month where I can jot notes, like when to give the the dogs their medicine, which days are recycling collection days, and reminders about volunteer duties. This calendar will go on the wall in the mudroom opposite the side entrance, which is the door we use most, and above the dogs' water bowl -- a good place for daily reminders.


The images I chose are a combination of original photographs from my blog and photos of our beloved pups, past and present. The photo below is one my husband took at the lake where he swims and canoes. It's one of my favorite photos of his; it's also framed and hanging in our bedroom.


While we're still on the subject of calendars, I wanted to share some photos of the cheery work of ModernPrintedMatter, an Etsy shop I told you about in my last post. I have two botanical desk calendars on order and will be receiving them any day now. 






ModernPrintedMatter photos used with permission.

Thanks for visiting My Little Bungalow!

4 comments:

  1. Just awesome… I am a calendar addict too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary Ann. Good to know I'm not alone in that addiction ....
      Claudia

      Delete
  2. I love your quiet , thought-out, blog. I am always happy to hear from you. I am saying no thanks to the blogs with selfies and advertising, especially the pop ups. Aren't we already inundated with that stuff ?

    I have also done a lot of calendar looking. Rifle is going to be the winner this year.Maybe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, thanks for your nice comment. I will have to check out Rifle for calendars. Have a great weekend.
      Claudia

      Delete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...