Monday, December 22, 2014

Paper Snowflakes and Cinnamon-spiked Hot Cocoa


 




I'm sharing another great Etsy find! I purchased these handmade paper snowflakes from Paper Cuts Studios, and they look lovely and whimsical in our dining room hanging from the chandelier. Cut from pearlescent white card stock (they also come in silver and gold), the snowflakes would look pretty hanging in a window or on a tree. 

My dining table display hasn't changed much from previous years. I added glass candle holders and green tapers for a touch of color. Wax candle pine cones, real mini pine cones, white candle trees, and a silver faux bois candle are nestled in "snow" on a silver tray.

Wintry nights -- and mornings -- call for yummy hot beverages, and hot chocolate is one of my favorites. I found a delicious dairy-free hot cocoa recipe online, then tweaked it slightly by using dark cocoa powder and adding a pinch of cayenne. I enjoyed a mug of it the other morning with breakfast. Delicious!

Cinnamon-spiked Hot Cocoa

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons plus 1 cup almond milk

Directions:
In a mug, stir together cocoa powder, sugar, cinnamon, cayenne, vanilla and 2 tablespoons almond milk to form a thick paste.

Warm 1 cup of almond milk in a small saucepan until steaming hot. Pour over chocolate mixture in mug, stir well and enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. The snowflakes add a festive accent! They really pop against the wall color - bright and cheerful!! Merry Christmas, Claudia! Warm greetings to you and your family plus the doggies. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Claudia! Our kids and I used to cut huge paper snowflakes and tape them to our big picture window. Yours brought back the memory! Loe the idea of spicy not chocolate. I make it the French way with vanilla, a chopped chocolate bar and hot milk whisked together. Going to add the cinnamon and pepper next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Claudia, I love the paper snowflakes. Funny you should post those as I just saw paper snowflakes at a historical home I visited the other day and thought "there's an idea from the past that I need to do again". The professional version is even more lovely, on the heavier card stock. Love all your calendars too. I have taken the name down of the one you used for your photos. Every year I made calendars for us on my iMac but my software wouldn't allow it this year - says my version of something is out of date and I need to upgrade the whole operating system. Ugh. That's in my to do list. But in the meantime I will use your source! Your calendar is beautiful.
    Love seeing more of your home. Xox merry Christmas. And I replied to your comment on my post. I thought of you every time we passed the road to Edisto!!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the snowflakes and it's great that they will live longer than the Christmas season. It's nice having a few things that you can leave up through the winter although I'm sure you'll be tired of seeing them by March.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the snowflakes!

    A belated Merry Christmas to you and Paul! I hope you had a wonderful time surrounded by family and friends.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...