Monday, December 29, 2014

Spicy Toasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)


These spicy toasted pumpkin seeds, or pepitas, are one of my favorite snacks, and they are super easy to make. They are delicious sprinkled on top of a bowl of creamy soup or chili, or on top of a salad. Or they're perfect to snack on with cheese and wine. In fact, they'd make a nice addition to a New Year's Eve party spread. Just be sure to double, triple or even quadruple the recipe. Once your guests start snacking on these spicy treats, they won't want to stop.

Spicy Toasted Pumpkin Seeds

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, combine 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds (do not use roasted pumpkin seeds) with 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt and 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice. Stir well until all seeds are coated with the spice mixture.

Spread seeds in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven until the seeds are browned and puffed, about 1o minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before serving.

 


On a separate note, I bought this cute black and gold candle holder at a lovely little gift shop the week before last while I was doing some Christmas shopping. I bought one as a gift and one for myself (I couldn't resist). I love how the gold interior glows when the candle is lit. The outside is matte black and provides a nice contrast to the shiny interior. I may have to see if the shop has a couple more of these. Three of them in a row would look so pretty down the middle of the dining table!



Before I sign off for the year, I would like to wish everyone a very happy New Year! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow. I can't  believe I've been blogging for four years now! I am so very appreciative to all of you who follow me regularly, and especially grateful to those who leave comments. Your feedback and interaction make it all worthwhile. To those of you who visit often but have never left a comment, please do! I'd love to hear from you and get to know a little bit about you. Have a safe, happy and healthy 2015!
 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Claudia
    We love these in our oatmeal with a tablespoon of peanut butter. No mid morning stomach rumblings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too! I have enjoyed reading your blog. Hope you will make a visit to mine as well. Those pumpkins seeds sound wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. These are same ingredients I use for grilled corn on the cob. I usually dip lime wedges in the spice/salt mixture and then rub them on the corn as it's grilling. I understand it's how they serve corn on the street in India. So I guess you could say these are Indian pepitas?

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Claudia! These look great. We eat lots of pumpkin seeds, mostly in our salads already, or breakfast bowl! So these look right up my alley. Yum! xo Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you! Those roasted pumpkin seeds look fabulous. I always buy the huge bag at Costco - but they are already roasted. We eat them by the handful, and I put them in my granola and salads. I'll be on the lookout for raw seeds next time I happen by the Bulk Barn.

    Love the votive as well! I like your idea - I think you need a trio!

    Again, all the best in 2015!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...