Saturday, February 7, 2015

Flowers




I wanted to share a few photos of these pretty flowers, which I brought home with me the other evening after a networking event I attended with a coworker. As the event came to a close and most people had left, I mentioned to a gentleman we were speaking with that I wondered what would happen to all the pretty flower arrangements. He promptly went up to one of the catering staff and asked about the flowers on my behalf. My coworker and I were each allowed to take an arrangement home with us (in plastic cups, of course; the caterers had to keep the glass containers). What a lovely, mid-winter pick-me-up to brighten our living room! And they were free! Just goes to show, it never hurts to ask.

6 comments:

  1. They're so pretty! Good on you for enquiring about what would happen to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous bouquet! Asking costs nothing...

    It's so nice to brighten the house with flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree: it never hurts to ask! When you ask nicely, it's amazing what can happen. Nice flowers for your weekend… and I love the slate coaster!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely floral arrang ment you scored.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...