Monday, March 23, 2015

Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Can you believe I've never made peanut butter cookies before now? Or maybe I have but it's been so long I can't remember. Either way, I think they're one of those cookies I just haven't craved most of my adult baking life. Lately, though, I've had a hankering for them. So when I came upon this recipe and realized it doesn't use any flour (making it gluten free), I had to try them!

Peanut butter + chocolate = happiness. And I am very happy I made these delicious cookies. Whip up a batch today. They come together in no time! Let me know if you try them, okay?


Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup each granulated sugar 
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions:
1. Place oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven, and preheat to 350 degrees F. 


2. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until smooth. Using a heaping tablespoon (I used a small ice cream scoop that is a bit more than a tablespoon), divide dough into 24 portions (I ended up with 20). Roll each one into a smooth ball. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Using a fork, press on dough balls in two directions to form a crosshatch pattern. I dipped the fork into a small amount of granulated sugar each time to prevent sticking.

3. Bake cookies until puffed and lightly golden, 10 to 12 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Let cookies cool on sheets. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.     From Everyday Food


7 comments:

  1. I made peanut butter cookies for the first time a few months ago, too! Making the crosshatches with the fork was an unexpectedly soothing activity :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Rachel. I enjoyed making the crosshatch designs on the tops of the cookies, too. I just ate the last cookie today. Now I need to decide what to make next ... Any suggestions?
      Claudia

      Delete
  2. Your recipe is almost exactly like mine, minus the flour. I made a big batch the other day, and gave all away, save for 4 which I savoured! (I'm trying to get some winter chub off, so you could say I'm on a diet of sorts. Winter can be hazardous to your health).

    Still haven't made your maple walnut cake, but it's on the agenda!

    You should give coconut macaroons a try next - my go-to recipe has flour, but there is one on food.com that uses rice flour instead.

    http://www.food.com/recipe/gluten-free-coconut-macaroon-280408

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love making coconut macaroons! Thanks for the recipe link. I'll give it a look!

      Delete
  3. I have made peanut butter cookies many times for our kids but never without flour! I will try your recipe, Claudia. Love the photos, very professional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy. I hope you like the flourless recipe. I found them very tasty!

      Delete
  4. Hi Claudia, thanks for sharing so many yummy recipes (I've been collecting!) I can' t wait to share them with my teen-age daughters this week over Spring break. It will be fun spending time together baking. I hope Spring has arrived in your area. Jane

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...