Monday, March 2, 2015

My Favorite Gluten-free Breakfast Products

Since eliminating gluten from my diet almost a year ago, I've had fun experimenting with different gluten-free products. I thought I'd share some of my favorites with you. Regardless whether you need to avoid gluten for health reasons or not, you might enjoy giving a few of these products a try.

Breakfast Cereal:
Erewhon Quinoa & Chia organic cereal is super healthy with very little sugar -- less than 1 gram! I'm sure that for most people the taste could take some getting used to. But I've grown to really like it. Plus, with 6 grams of protein, it holds me over until lunchtime. I like to add a little Erewhon Cocoa Crispy Rice cereal to the Quinoa & Chia to give it some sweetness and variation in texture. Erewhon's Buckwheat & Hemp is also very good, gluten free and has 6 grams of protein, though it has 6 grams of sugar too, but that is still on the low side compared to most cereals.


Bread:
Hands down my favorite gluten-free bread is Glutino brand. I've tried the seeded, mutigrain and cinnamon raisin, shown below, and they are all delicious and as close to "real" bread as I've had so far. I'm very happy to have found this bread. Very happy. I haven't tried Glutino's English muffins yet, but they might be next on the list. I love an English muffin with orange marmalade for breakfast!

This is not a sponsored post.

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy I don't have any dietary restrictions. I love bread more than anything...more than sweets...more than chips...absolutely nothing is more satisfying than a good loaf of bread!

    I also think it's great that there are so many gluten-free options out there.

    Chia seeds are great - I buy the big bag at Costco and add it to my breakfast cereal. I find it tides me over 'til lunch much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you've found some options to help with your gluten free diet. That bread looks delish!! Toast is a favorite here. Haha.

    Are you on Instagram Claudia?!! I just joined and will admit I am remiss in getting back to my favorite blogs. I am going to write a blog post about my experience "transitioning" to Instagram although I still intend to blog!!! Xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terri. No, I do not do Instagram. I already spend too much time on Pinterest and reading blogs! I hope you don't give up blogging! I enjoy your posts very much. Be well,
      Claudia

      Delete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...