Saturday, April 4, 2015

Happy Easter!

 

At the grocery Thursday night I bought these cheerful yellow tulips for the dining table. How they brighten the room. Such a simple pleasure.
 

I also recently purchased five more black and gold votive holders from the cutest little home decor shop where I bought the first one back at Christmastime. They are so pretty when lit, and create the warmest glow.


At the same shop, I also splurged on a beautiful, cream-colored knit throw. I don't know if this is true for you, but for me there are certain things I could buy multiples of because I'm just drawn to them. Restraint is key and usually I talk myself out of buying whatever it is I'm desiring. But this time I caved.

My new throw replaces one that I've had for more than 20 years (I've never cared for the long fringe on it that tickles my face when I'm trying to take a nap). The new throw has the prettiest stitch and a clean edge. I enjoyed a nap with it the very next day!

 
I hope you and those you love have a blessed and happy Easter.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you and Paul as well, Claudia!

    Ha! I knew you'd crack for more votives...so happy you've added to your collection.

    I almost always buy yellow tulips at Easter - don't know why I didn't this year. We woke up to another 3" of snow overnight, maybe that's why. Spring hasn't sprung here.

    Love your cozy throw. I think I need a nap now, too LOL. Hear you about those pesky fringes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Easter to you, Ann! Sorry to hear you've had another 3" of snow. Ugh. I don't know how you can take such long winters. Maybe time to move south?
      Claudia

      Delete
  2. You know that tulips are my favorite flower…so I would buy them anywhere, any time! And those votives are wonderful; just beautiful the way the gold reflects the light. Hope you are having a lovely Easter day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libby, I now think of you when I see tulips! I hope you had a lovely Easter day as well. Ours was wonderful, thank you.
      Claudia

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a wonderful day, Claudia! Enjoy your tulips, the last time I bought them they lasted forever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking very pretty! I adore yellow tulips (and daffies). Actually yellow is one of my favorite accent colors. And you are so right about fringes tickling the face....so funny! Happens to my all the time.
    Happy spring!!
    L

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...