Saturday, May 30, 2015

Mudroom Renovation: Storage Cabinet


Our custom Linear cabinet from Room & Board arrived last week (ahead of schedule!) and it is beautiful. I will say it is large -- very large. We had to position it off-center on the wall to allow access to the basement door. But that doesn't bother me. It's such a well-crafted piece and will provide much extra storage. We're very happy with it. Plus, if we ever decide to do something different in the mudroom, we can always use this cabinet in the dining room.

Do I wish there was a little more room on either side of the cabinet? Sure. But we chose this unit knowing it would be large so we could maximize our storage space. A narrower unit in this line would have meant less height and no drawer options, and would not have provided as much storage, which we desperately needed. After years of this room being such an eyesore, we're thrilled to have it looking so lovely. See before photos here.

Sources
Linear Modular Custom Cabinet from Room & Board. 84" high by 40" wide by 20" deep in solid cherry with natural steel hardware and base. The cherry will darken over time.

Saddle stitch indoor/outdoor rug from Home Decorators Collection. 3'9" by 5'5" in cocoa/natural.

Paint
Floors: Sherwin-Williams (SW) Well-Bred Brown #7027
Walls: SW Aesthetic White #7035
Ceiling: SW Snowbound #7004
Trim: Benjamin Moore Bleeker Beige

I am shopping for storage bins and containers to organize the contents in the drawers and on the shelves. I ordered some from Crate & Barrel and am waiting on some felt bins to become available from Ikea. I've been really into organization lately. Keeping things tidy inside the cabinet will be imporant. I don't want it to become a dumping ground for stuff. I'll share more photos once I get things situated.






12 comments:

  1. My husband and I are moving to our own little bungalow later this month. Thank you for such an inspiring and beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison. I am so glad you enjoy it. Best of luck to you as you settle into your new little bungalow!
      Claudia

      Delete
  2. It is stunning! You both have completely transformed this room to a lovely addition to your home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Claudia, it's just beautiful! You must have been very pleased when it arrived. The changes you've made are all perfect. Enjoy your new-found storage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are very pleased. It is a really substantial piece, and made in the US, which is important to us. I could have saved lots of money buying something from Ikea (we looked there) but in the long run it wouldn't have lasted like this piece will. I'm having fun deciding what to put in it and how to organize it all.
      Claudia

      Delete
  4. I love the piece and your pottery, the light fixture and rug look perfect together. How satisfying to such such an improvement! Well done, enjoy! Share the inside once you fill it up and organize it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy! I will share what I put inside the drawers and behind the doors once I get it all organized.
      Claudia

      Delete
  5. So, so….. good looking! The room is lovely from the new piece to the rug to the floor and to the paint color. What a joy to enter here, right? Very well done Claudia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Indeed, it is a pleasure to enter the house through this mudroom now. So grateful to my hubby for his hard work!
      Claudia

      Delete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...