Boy, was I excited -- and surprised! -- to receive an email from Sue of the beautiful food blog The View from Great Island telling me I was the winner of her most recent giveaway. I won this gorgeous set of O olive oils and vinegars, complete with a bamboo serving tray! Included in the selection are these oils and vinegars:
- Organic Tahitian Lime Olive Oil
- Organic Clementine Olive Oil
- Honey White Balsamic Vinegar
- Pinot Noir Vinegar
- Ginger Rice Vinegar
- Champagne Vinegar
From time to time I'll enter blog giveaways, never really expecting to win. That's because I'm one of those people who almost never wins anything. But of all things I could win, this lovely set of oils and vinegars is perfect. And just in time for summer salad dressings and marinades! I can't wait to try them all! I'll definitely be sharing some recipes with you.
Along with the oils and vinegars, O included cards with suggested uses. Here are some ideas for the honey white balsamic vinegar:
- Mix with cumin, lime, soy sauce and red chili flakes for a delicious marinade
- Drizzle over arugula and shaved roasted artichoke, tossed with O Meyer Lemon olive oil and shaved Parmesan
- Pair with blue cheese, black pepper and baby spinach drizzled with olive oil
- Put a splash into sparkling mineral water for a healthy probiotic antioxidant-rich tonic
The O website features lots of yummy recipes, including a recipe for Moroccan Arugula Salad with Beets, Feta and O Citrus Champagne Dressing featuring the Clementine Olive Oil. I'll definitely be trying this one (but I'll use freshly roasted beets, not canned).
This recipe for Mixed Baby Greens with Plums, Goat Cheese and O Ginger Rice Dressing uses both the Ginger Rice Vinegar and the Tahitian Lime Olive Oil. Sounds delicious!
Even Ella was excited to see what we received in the mail. Stay tuned for some fun recipes! And thanks, Sue, for offering this fun giveaway!