Thursday, June 18, 2015

French Potato Salad


As promised, here's the delicious recipe for potato salad that I made for our Memorial Day cookout. It's French potato salad, made with Dijon mustard, oil and vinegar -- no mayonnaise. I used the champagne vinegar that I received in my O Olive Oil and Vinegar gift basket. Fresh thyme adds flavor that the dried herb doesn't match, so splurge on the fresh stuff. This recipe was a hit at our cookout. Try it for your next gathering.

French Potato Salad

Ingredients
2.5 pounds fingerling or small new potatoes, halved or quartered, if large
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar (I used champagne vinegar)
1 small shallot, minced (2 tablespoons)
3 tablespoons fresh parsley
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1/4 small red onion, cut in half and thinly sliced

Directions
1)  Place potatoes in a large pot; cover with cold water by 1 inch and season generously with salt. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Run under cold water to cool slightly, then drain.

2) Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together oil, mustard and vinegar. Add shallot, parsley and thyme; season with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper and stir to combine. Add the potatoes and onion and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature. To store, refrigerate, up to overnight.

From Everyday Food  


5 comments:

  1. I made this to take camping this weekend. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be making this potato salad this weekend for a picnic. Looks wonderful.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miam miam, comme on dit en français! I'll be sure to give this potato salad a try during BBQ season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today, I went to the beach front with my children. I found
    a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put
    the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.

    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely off
    topic but I had to tell someone!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...