Monday, June 29, 2015

Inspiration: Pools

Today I'm doing something different. Since I started this blog in December of 2010, I have always used my own photos and shared images from my life. That will continue to be the focus of this blog, but from time to time I'd like to do something a little different. I'd like to share some inspirational photos of what other people are doing with their homes.

I'll start with these photos from Houzz that feature beautiful outdoor pools. I'm sure my desire to show pools has something to do with the extreme heat we've been having this month. How wonderful it would be to take a dip right in your own yard! I'm pretty sure ours is too small for a pool ... the next best thing is the indoor pool at the gym I belong to.

These photos also show how my design taste ranges from farmhouse to modern to traditional. Which pool -- and which setting -- do you like best and why?

#6: Beach Style Pool by The Anderson Studio of Architecture & Design, Mount Pleasant

As I was compiling these photos, I noticed they are all rectangular, which is definitely my preference over free-form pools. It was really hard to narrow the selection down to only six. There are so many gorgeous pools!

1 comment:

  1. I love No. 5. Always loved pools with grass instead of decking. There was a similar pool nearby when I was young, always thought it was so pretty. Also love the privacy hedge. No. 1 is my second favorite. Crisp Architects' work was one of our inspirations for the house we were going to build in Beaufort.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...