Thursday, July 9, 2015

Inspiration: Pretty Porches

I'm so glad we have a front porch. We enjoy spending time there, especially when the weather is cooler. The front porch is an extension of our living space, a place to read, eat supper or just sit and enjoy a glass of wine on a balmy summer evening. Porch time is a great way to meet your neighbors, too.

Here's some pretty porch inspiration for your viewing pleasure. Some are decorated like an outdoor room (note to self: find a storm door like the one below) ...


Some have ceilings painted light blue, an old superstition thought to keep away restless spirits of the dead, which I wrote about here ...


These porches are lovely, aren't they? If you had to pick one, which would you choose? Okay, two -- one for your main house and one for your weekend getaway! Leave a comment and let me know your favorites.
 

9 comments:

  1. I like #7 and #9 the best...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb. I like those too! My favorite is probably #5, with #6 and #9 close behind.
      Claudia

      Delete
  2. They are all beautiful. If I had to pick just one, it would be #7. It appears to be a screened in porch, which means I could be out there anytime and not have to think about or be bothered by mosquitoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thinking, Jeannine! I am going to have to do a post about an excellent mosquito repellent product we found. It works beautifully!
      Claudia

      Delete
  3. Our bungalow has a front and back porch, and both ceilings are painted blue. I love it! We just moved in and I have a lot of decorating to do. Thank you for the inspiration! I like #5 and #6.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison. Thanks for your comment, and best of luck settling into your new home. Have fun with the decorating!
      Claudia

      Delete
  4. My husband and I were just remarking to each other how much we love our porch. I could spend all day out there if time permitted. For a front porch I like #3 and for a rear porch #7. I'm constantly battling the mosquitos so I look forward to know what product you recommend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you for your comment. I wanted to let you know the name of the product we use when we're on our front porch to keep the mosquitoes away. It's called Thermacell. The website is: http://www.thermacell.com/mosquito-repellent. We have two of the small devices, but I'm interested in trying their patio lantern. Be sure to read about how Thermacell works. Pretty interesting. I can say it really does work!
      Claudia

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the tip, Claudia! I will definitely read up on thermacell. Sounds like it could be a great solution for me!

      Delete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...