Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Lemony Tuna-White Bean Salad


Summer and lemon go hand in hand. In the hot summer months, lemon desserts, lemony salad dressings, and a cold glass of lemonade are so refreshing (I have a great thyme-lemonade recipe I'll be sharing with you soon!).

This lemony tuna-bean salad comes from the cookbook Weeknights with Giada, which I borrowed from my local library. I made a couple of small revisions to the recipe, which is absolutely delicious! No stove top or oven cooking is required, and the dressing has a surprise ingredient.

Lemony Tuna-White Bean Salad

1) In a large bowl, combine 1 (15 ounce) can white cannellini beans, drained and rinsed; 1/4 of a red onion, cut in half and very thinly sliced; and 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed.

2) In a small bowl, whisk together the finely grated zest of one large lemon, the juice of one large lemon and 3 tablespoons of maple syrup. Slowly whisk in 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil until smooth. Add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt and some freshly ground pepper to taste; whisk well.

3) Pour the dressing over the bean mixture and toss until coated. Drain one or two 5 oz. cans of chunk white tuna in olive oil. Using a fork, separate tuna into 1/2-inch chunks and add to bean mixture; toss gently. Serve tuna-bean mixture over arugula or, as I did, a mixture of arugula and baby spinach. Pour a little of the dressing over each serving, and top with freshly ground pepper.


3 comments:

  1. I have made this dish several times and think it is delicious. I like that most ingredients are in my pantry. I would have never thought to add maple syrup mixed with lemon though! Going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a light and delicious summery meal. And like Cindy said, it's great that most of these ingedients are pantry staples so this is perfect for those nights when you need to mix something up quickly (I'm not great at meal planning these days!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure which I try first - the lemonade recipe or this one. This would be perfect for bringing to work for lunch!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...