Monday, July 6, 2015

New Faces in the Dahlia Garden

Here's what's happening in the dahlia garden these days. Pretty amazing. Our weather has gone from bone dry and scorching hot to rainy, humid and cooler. Some of the dahlias seem to like the change; others aren't as happy. I've been deadheading lots of rotten blooms and buds thanks to all the rain. Who's that hiding under the leaves?


Why, it's this beauty! Such a splendid color.



Our old peach dahlia is perking up, and her color is looking more lovely since the weather has changed. Thank goodness.


This gorgeous white-tipped scarlet red flower might just be my new favorite!


Then there's this drama queen, with her spiky, vibrant orange petals!



This dahlia garden my husband planted sure is making me happy. I thanked him again today and told him it's worth all the work of staking and watering. Dahlias are amazing, aren't they?

A note about the photography. These photos were shot with my husband's Nikon D40 camera, which I've been experimenting with lately. I'm liking the results.
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh Claudia: they are amaz.....ing! Just SO gorgeous. Please thank your husband for me, both for the gardening and the great camera made available for you!!! Yes, this weather has been crazy. And now we are going away for almost two weeks, so I am keeping fingers crossed that my garden will be ok (actually, I have 3 friends who will be taking turns with the hand watering!) Nice friends, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful faces, each with its own personality. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So many dahlia varieties and they all look lovely. I particularly love that peach dahlia -- what a pretty color! My dahlias are just starting to bloom and it's so exciting.

    I just stumbled across your blog and I'm so glad I did. My husband and I also own a historic home and it's nice to come across other old home owners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I'm so glad to have you as a new visitor to My Little Bungalow. Thanks for leaving a comment. I look forward to exploring your blog. I see your home is an 1880s Victorian and that you live in NJ (I grew up in Bergen County). Take care,
      Claudia

      Delete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...