Thursday, August 6, 2015

Strawberry-Watermelon Pops


Look who showed up at the photo shoot! Ella and Henry were very interested in what I had to photograph -- a delicious strawberry-watermelon popsicle -- and they were hoping for a taste. These fruity pops are a delicious summer afternoon treat, though I did find the prep to be a bit labor intensive, particularly the blending of the fruit. My blender doesn't work very well without liquid (I would love a Vitamix blender, but maybe they need liquid also in order to work well?). If I make these again, I might try a food processor. I also did not discard all of the fruit solids because I wanted a bit of it in the popsicles, for substance. I hope you give these tasty pops a try before the summer is over!

Strawberry-Watermelon Pops

  • 2 pounds seedless watermelon, diced
  • 1/2 pound strawberries, hulled and cut in half
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice 
1. Working in batches, puree watermelon in a blender. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl (discard solids). Puree strawberries; add to bowl. Add sugar and lime juice and stir until sugar has completely dissolved.  
 
2. Pour mixture into ice-pop molds and insert sticks. Freeze until solid, 2 1/2 to 3 hours (or up to 1 week).

2 comments:

  1. I love this photo, Ella and Henry are adorable :) Also, I have a Vitamix and yes, it does need liquid to blend well. When I'm making smoothies I always need to add at least a splash of water or juice!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...