Monday, October 26, 2015

Spiced Pumpkin Cocktail

I popped into Williams-Sonoma the other day and went right to the sale table where I found a few different cocktail mixers, all of which sounded delicious: pumpkin punch, pumpkin spiced hot toddy and mulled pear. I asked the sales associate if she had tried any of them and she enthusiastically told me the pumpkin punch was her favorite, so I bought one. She was right. It is really good! I think it's one of my favorite cocktails ever.


And doesn't it look pretty in this Waterford crystal glass? It's one of two remaining glasses my parents brought back from Ireland in 1967. The others were broken over the years; my parents didn't have a dishwasher and the glasses met their demise during hand washing. The pattern is Clare, one of Waterford's original patterns. Replacements Ltd. has some of the old fashioned glasses, like mine, for $110 each. My parents also brought back a beautiful pitcher and some sherry glasses in the same pattern, which I enjoy using.

Now, back to the cocktail recipe. Mix 1 ounce of the pumpkin punch mixer with 1 ounce of rum, 2 ounces of sparking white wine and 2 ounces of sparkling water. I left out the sparkling water and used some ice cubes instead. Better yet? Use bourbon or whiskey instead of rum; my choice is Knob Creek. This is the perfect autumn cocktail, both in looks and in flavor.


I found this handy measuring beaker at Crate & Barrel recently. It's perfect for measuring all cocktail ingredients at one time, rather than using a smaller shot glass. I find it really handy for making this cocktail. Just a quick stir to combine the ingredients, then pour over ice into a cocktail glass. Cheers!


3 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous! Love your recipes!! I often go into the archives for vegetarian meal ideas and cocktail inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, A. Thanks for letting me know this. Makes me feel good to know you are enjoying the recipes I share. I appreciate you following along. Let me know if you have any requests!
      Claudia

      Delete
    2. I, too, am a big fan of Everyday Food. Unfortunately, my magazines were lost in our most recent move and I am heartbroken. I do have the Everyday Food cookbooks and also refer to your site. I am going to eventually bite the bullet and get a set of the magazines off of eBay when my budget allows. They are such a great resource for healthy, quick, non-processed meals. Thanks for your writing! I really enjoy your site! -Alison

      Delete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...