Thursday, November 12, 2015

Christmas Wreaths

I am so looking forward to the holidays! It has been pretty warm where we live until recently. Usually the cooler temps help put me in the mood for Christmas. Looking at all the pretty decorations online and browsing my Christmas board on Pinterest -- and pinning new ideas -- also gets me in the holiday spirit.

Cindy's recent post on Rough Luxe Lifestyle featured transitional holiday wreaths, and was my inspiration for posting this collection of wreaths that I particularly like. From traditional to contemporary, any of these wreaths would make a lovely addition to a front door or hung over a mantel. I'm not sure which is my favorite. Take a look and let me know if you have a favorite or two.



Holiday greenery doesn't have to come in the shape of a wreath.
I love this look of mixed evergreens and pinecones in a basket!


These shiny bell wreaths are fun for indoor decorating.



If you're crafty, you can make a jingle bell wreath like this one from Martha Stewart to hang over a doorknob. By the way, this photo is one of my favorite images on my Christmas Pinterest board. I love the French doors with their white ceramic doorknobs and ornate silver escutcheons!



You could also make a beautiful pinecone wreath like this one. I made a pinecone wreath many years ago and enjoyed hanging it every Christmas. Sadly, I eventually had to throw it away as it started to come apart and look raggedy. My wreath wasn't nearly as full and perfect as this one, but I loved it just the same! Unadorned pinecone wreaths are one of my favorite holiday looks, and they can stay up well beyond Christmas through the rest of the winter months.


You can't get more Southern than a magnolia leaf wreath!
They're seasonless, but look equally pretty at Christmastime, either plain or with bits of evergreen and a bow added.




This unique moss wreath would add a bright pop of color to a front door.

Terrain  

A felted wool "snowball" wreath -- handcrafted in Nepal -- is a fun, contemporary spin on a holiday wreath, and perfect for an all white interior or black front door.

  West Elm 

Which wreath would you choose for your home? 

1 comment:

  1. I do love the magnolia wreaths! When we lived in Pennsylvania, we visited Terrain. What a lovely store!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...