Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Garden Blooms

Look what I returned home to from my trip to Seattle! The hydrangea in full bloom, the gardenia with its fragrant white blossoms, and dahlias popping up all over (the yellow ones look the best so far). Sadly, we had a terrible thunderstorm with hail several weeks ago, which ripped to shreds the new hosta plants, broke off many of the blooms on the hydrangea (see some of its torn leaves?) and killed the one fern we planted, which is in the upper right corner of the photo below. The hydrangea wasn't too badly hurt, thank goodness, and many of our other plants (including all the dahlias) were spared.





Every time I see the hydrangea plant as I walk through the side gate, every time I smell the heady scent of the gardenias, every time I cut a dahlia for a simple indoor bouquet, I feel a sense of pure joy and gratitude. I'm grateful to my husband who planted them and to our Lord who created them.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, too bad about the hail. Glad to see it didn't cause more damage.

    Your blooms are beautiful. I marvel at all of it, too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...